By continuing to shop we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies, otherwise you can find more information here.
Fish & Chips
What to drink with... Fish & Chips.
What better way to match the English national dish than with a bottle of English sparkling wine: Herbert Hall Brut. Champagne would work too. The acidity of the wine will cut through the batter and chips and the bubbles will cleanse the palate ready for the next mouthful. Steer clear of the vinegar or lemon: these will just soften any crispiness or crunch in the food. Let the acidity in the wine make that combination in your mouth. Acidic still wines include the white Pinot Noir (really – just try it), Bourgogne-Aligoté (that other white grape variety from Burgundy), Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay to list just a few.
Items 1-12 of 62
- Domaine de Montille Pommard 1er Cru 'Les Rugiens - Bas', 2016BurgundyPinot Noir
From £567.00 per case
- Villa Sparina Barbera del Monferrato Superiore Rivalta, 2014PiedmontBarbera
From £39.90 per bottle
- Mother Rock Wines Force Majeure Chenin Blanc, 2018SwartlandChenin Blanc
From £15.90 per bottle
- Tenuta di Gracciano della Seta, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano D.O.C.G, 2016TuscanyMerlot, Prugnolo Gentile
From £22.50 per bottle
- Domaine Taupenot-Merme Nuits-St-Georges 1er Cru Les St Georges, 2012Burgundy
From £510.00 per case