Pizza alla Puttanesca
What to drink with... Pizza alla Puttanesca.
Although often used as a sauce with pasta, Puttanesca sauce can be spread on a pizza base to spice it up a little.
Using anchovies, garlic, chilies, capers and olives on your pizza, this will still be a rustic dish, so head for one of our Merlots, a Barbera from Northern Italy, Primitivo – ours comes from Puglia, Southern Italy. An Italian food friendly wine from South Africa is our Rooiberg Pinotage – smooth and fruity. If you like to stick to Italian wines with Italian food then, we’ve got a rather tasty Chianti and a blend of Nero d’Avola and Syrah from Sicily. A refreshing white wine would be our Falanghina from Campania, Italy.
Items 1-12 of 35
- Jean-Baptiste Lebreuil Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru 'Aux Serpentieres', 2012BurgundyPinot Noir
From £35.90 per bottle
- Domaine Fayolle Fils et Fille Crozes-Hermitage Rouge les Pontaix, 2016RhôneSyrah
From £24.10 per bottle
- Villa Sparina Barbera del Monferrato Superiore Rivalta, 2014PiedmontBarbera
From £39.90 per bottle
- La Giaretta della Valpolicella Amarone Classico, 2015VenetoCorvina, Molinara, Rondinella
From £37.50 per bottle
- Domaine de la Janasse Chateauneuf-du-Pape Chaupin, 2012RhôneGrenache
From £50.60 per bottle