Honest Grapes - German Releases 2020
An eclectic curation of this year’s finest releases from a few of our favourite winemakers from across Germany. All are members of the elite VDP association.
There’s a definite feeling from the very best producers that the September releases of their wines are too early in their evolution. The real mavericks such as Clemens Busch have been holding back their wines for several years now. I’m positive that, whilst disruptive to the formulaic cycle of release dates and reviews, this is an excellent trend as it allows a fuller evaluation of the potential of these wines.
In this spirit, our offering comprises some of the first 2019 releases of Rieslings and the setter wines, together with Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir) predominantly from 2018. Clemens Busch has chosen to release his top 2018 Rieslings now, together with his 2 year lees aged reserve wines. This offers a fascinating opportunity to collect the best wines across three superlative vintages.
Items 1-12 of 27
- Rolf Fürst Bürgstadter Berg Frühburgunder EL, 2018FranconiaPinot Noir
From £228.00 per case
- Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese Gold Capsule, 2019NaheRiesling
From £165.00 per case
- Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Auslese Gold Capsule, 2019NaheRiesling
From £150.00 per case
- Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Spätlese, 2019NaheRiesling
From £195.00 per case
- Dönnhoff Höllenpfad im Mühlenberg Riesling Grosses Gewächs, 2019NaheRiesling
From £210.00 per case