By continuing to shop we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies, otherwise you can find more information here.
Do you have to be a wine buff?
I hate wine bores. For me, wine is a fun drink to share with friends. Far too much time is spent telling people what wine they should like, using complex terms and silly descriptions to make a mystery out of something that should just be ‘serious pleasure’.
Let’s face it; most of us are after a good drink at a sensible price, matching the occasion and food. So what are we doing to help?
- Listing wines by style and drinking occasion (and asking Friends to tell us about favoured styles when signing up so that we know what to offer you)
- Using simple, straightforward language to describe wines
- Providing our own honest reviews, without gushing!
- Rating each wine as ‘Quaffable’, ‘Developing’ or ‘Complex’ to let you know whether it’s more of an easy-drinking fruity style or a more complex, savoury wine
- Providing information about the food matches that will bring out the best in each wine
We want quality wines at good value from independent growers without fuss. Try some!
Published on: August 27, 2014