Premier Crew Perks: Write a Review, earn 50 pips (500 if it’s good)
Next in our series on the benefits of joining our wine club is a chance to express your inner Hugh or Jancis, and earn pips (Honest Grapes loyalty points) for leaving a review on any wines you’ve tasted.
We’ll give Premier Crew members 50 pips for every approved review. As an added incentive, each week we’ll award a “Review of the Week” 500 pips (that's £5 towards future purchases).
Nice! Got a reward for "review of the week" for this lovely wine from @HonestGrapes https://t.co/TvJbj2bzHQ
— Robert McIntosh (@thirstforwine) April 17, 2015
How to leave a wine review
To review a wine you’ve purchased:
- Login to your account
- You recent purchases will be listed right at the top of the page, with a great big “Review” button next to them.
To review a wine you tried at a tasting or other event:
- Login to your account
- Navigate to the appropriate wine and scroll down to the “Add Review” link
The pips will be added to your account as soon as we approve your review. We have to read and approve every review to ensure nothing litigious, abusive, or offensive gets published on our website. Additionally, we won’t publish single word reviews, but please be assured that we will approve and publish less than glowing reviews – be honest.
How to be awarded “Review of the Week”
There’s no formula, but we definitely like to hear about how you served the wine, what you drank it with, and what surprised you about the wine – anything that you think is missing from our review of the wines.
You don’t need to have a huge amount of technical knowledge about wine – we’re after engaging writing more than anything.
If you're awarded Review of the Week, you'll receive an email advising that 500 pips have been added to your account.
Some recent examples:
- Review of the Week 9th August 2015 - Famille Bougrier Chenin Blanc, Vouvray
- Review of the Week 10th June 2015 - Strangola Galli Greco
- Review of the Week 12th April 2015 - Rogue Vine Grand Itata Blanco
What is the Premier Crew?Premier Crew is a group we’ve developed to recognise and reward our most loyal customers – basically, we think you’re a little bit special.
What are the advantages of being Premier Crew?
- Your own personal wine advisor from the team headed by our Wine Director Tom Harrow
- Invitations to exclusive tastings – free
- The ability to earn and spend pips – Honest Grapes loyalty points
You can join Premier Crew by depositing a minimum £50per month in our cellar plan. Just to be clear - this isn't a membership fee. Instead, it's money that you can use at any time to buy wine. You can read more here.
What are pips?Pips are Honest Grapes loyalty points. One pip equals one penny – so, 2000 pips equal £20 in Honest Grapes credit.
How do I earn pips?
- Only Premier Crew can earn and spend pips.
- The philosophy behind our pips programme is fairly transparent – you save us the pennies, and we’ll pass back the pips. This means that we reward you for saving us money. Specific ways you can earn pips include:
- Your monthly deposit - by being loyal, you save us from having to go out and find new customers
- Writing reviews for our website – reviews help us know if we're listing the correct wines
- Referring your friends – we’ll give you 1000 pips (that's £10 of credit) if someone you refer purchases wine or joins the Premier Crew.
Published on: April 20, 2015