Skip to product information
1 of 1

Château Gazin Rocquencourt, 2014

Château Gazin Rocquencourt, 2014

Château Gazin Rocquencourt | Bordeaux, France | 75cl
  • Red Still
  • 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Regular price £32.50
Regular price Offer price £32.50
Delivery/Duty status
Sorry, we cannot accept orders containing a mix of items for delivery & items to be stored in-bond. Please change your duty/delivery selection or order separately.
In-bond/duty-free wine purchases are sold exclusive of duty & VAT until you are ready to receive them. If you choose our bonded storage, we do not charge landing fees.
Bottle or case?

Sorry, there is a minimum order quantity of

Spend £75.00 more to get free UK delivery when you order duty-paid

Owned by the Bonnie family of Malartic-Lagravière, and utilising their winemaking team, including the services of consultant Michel Rolland, Gazin Rocquencort is real hidden gem from the best value, over-performing sub-region in Bordeaux (Pessac-Léognan).

The 45% Merlot in the blend (the other 55% is Cabernet) ensures a sufficiently hedonic style from the slightly strict 2014 vintage and right now this is showing an impressive balance of fruit purity and mid-palate richness and depth. Some secondary notes are creeping in – more dry spice, leather and sandalwood which all add to the complexity and breadth of the aromas and flavours.

What the critics say:

93/100Antonio Galloni, Vinous

"One of the more overt reds of the vintage, the 2014 Gazin Rocquencourt is plump, juicy and expressive. Super-ripe red cherry, pomegranate, spice, new leather and rose petal give tons of pleasure with minimal cellaring. It is not particularly complex, but it offers the wine its dark, succulent personality and soft contours. Smoke, sweet floral notes and grilled herbs add attractive aromatic top notes, but in 2014, Gazin is all about fruit intensity and suppleness. This is an especially racy, voluptuous Pessac-Leognan that is ready to deliver striking upfront sexiness. In 2014 the blend is equal parts Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This is a terrific showing from the Bonnie family and consulting winemaker Michel Rolland. Tasted three times."

92/100James Suckling

"Fantastic aromas of dark berries, chocolate and minerals. Lavender, too. Medium body and ultra-fine tannins; this is polished and gorgeous. A triumph. Better than I remember."

View full details


Château Gazin Rocquencourt

  • Free Shipping

    Get free UK delivery when you spend £75 or more on duty paid wine

    Learn about delivery 
  • Speak to one of our Wine Gurus

    With years of experience, our team can help you with all your wine buying and selling needs

    Speak to a Wine Guru