Wines Cabernet Sauvignon
The Cabernet Sauvignon Grape
Late ripening so preferring warmer climates, Cabernet Sauvignon is the most-planted grapevine in the world. The offspring of Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc, this grape variety’s home area is Bordeaux. It produces dark, blackcurranty, long-lived wines, frequently blended with Merlot and one or some of Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Carmenère.
The small grapes are richly pigmented, have thick skins and proportionally large pips. After Bordeaux, California and Italy (one of the Super Tuscan ingredients) are most notable, but the grape is grown virtually everywhere in the wine world.
NameVintageWine TypeTax StatusUnitRegionDeliveryPrice
- Clos I Terrasses Clos Erasmus, 20152015Red winesIB3 x 750mlCatalonia3-4 weeks£780.00
- Opus One , 20152015Red winesIB6 x 750mlCalifornia3-4 weeks£1,552.50
- Antinori Tignanello , 20152015Red winesIB6 x 750mlTuscany3-4 weeks£435.00
- Clos I Terrasses Clos Erasmus, 20152015Red winesIB1 x 1500mlCatalonia3-4 weeks£600.00
- Almaviva , 20152015Red winesIB6 x 750mlMaipo Valley3-4 weeks£736.00
- Bond Quella, 20152015Red winesIB3 x 750mlCaliforniaJuly 2019
From £1,375.00 per case