By continuing to shop we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies, otherwise you can find more information here.
The Pinot Noir grape
Indigenous to Burgundy, this fabulous grape variety is a tricky customer to grow: get it right and you’ll taste some of the world’s best red wine, get it wrong and you’ll taste some of the worst. It’s a cool climate grape, which may frequently fail to ripen. Transplant to a warmer climate and it will ripen too soon. It’s thin-skinned so needs to be handled with care. The bunch is a mass of grapes – a haven for any number of diseases let alone rot.
Pinot Noir is an important ingredient in Champagne and other quality sparking wines. It’s also finding top form in Oregon, USA and Central Otago, New Zealand; areas which are now rivalling Burgundy for the true home of Pinot Noir.
NameVintageWine TypeTax StatusUnitRegionDeliveryPrice
- Domaine de Montille Pommard 1er Cru 'Les Rugiens - Bas', 20162016Red winesIB1 x 750mlBurgundy3-4 weeks
From £567.00 per case
- Domaine Fourrier Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Les Goulots VV, 20042004Red winesDP6 x 750mlBurgundy3-5 days£1,232.00
- Domaine Francois Lamarche Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru, 20052005Red winesDP6 x 750mlBordeaux
From £169.00 per bottle
- Domaine Clos Frantin Vosne-Romanée , 20122012Red winesIB6 x 750mlBurgundyDelivery 1-2 weeks£295.00
- Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Les Theurons, 20062006Red winesDP6 x 750mlBurgundy3-5 days£246.20
- Maison Nicolas Potel Echezeaux Grand Cru , 20042004Red winesDP6 x 750mlBurgundy3-5 days£1,244.20Out of stock
- Domaine Francois Lamarche Echezeaux Grand Cru, 20042004Red winesDP6 x 750mlBurgundy3-5 days£1,272.00
- Domaine Jean Tardy Hautes Côtes de Nuits 'Cuvée Mailie', 20152015Red winesIB6 x 750mlBurgundy3-4 weeks
From £216.00 per case