Skip to product information
1 of 1

Tenuta San Leonardo, Terre Di San Leonardo, 2019

Tenuta San Leonardo, Terre Di San Leonardo, 2019

Tenuta San Leonardo | Trentino, Italy | 75cl
  • Red Still
  • Carmenère, Merlot
Regular price £19.70
Regular price Offer price £19.70
Delivery/Duty status | Learn about wine storage
Sorry, we cannot accept orders containing a mix of items for delivery & items to be stored in-bond. Please change your duty/delivery selection or order separately.
In-bond/duty-free wine purchases are sold exclusive of duty & VAT until you are ready to receive them. If you choose our bonded storage, we do not charge landing fees.
Bottle or case?

Sorry, there is a minimum order quantity of

Spend £75.00 more to get free UK delivery when you order duty-paid

Tenuta San Leonardo is widely acknowledged as the top winery in Trentino, producing some of the most consistent wine in Italy.
Terre is a more youthful version of the critically acclaimed ‘San Leonardo’ wine (known by many critics as the “Sassicaia of the North”).

The Terre blend includes a higher percentage of Merlot (40% compared to 10% in the San Leonardo) alongside Cabernet Sauvignon (50%) and Carmenère (10%). Only 20% of the wine is exposed to oak barrels with the remaining 80% matured in concrete vats for freshness. At this price point, the wine compares favourably to a warm vintage Pomerol or Saint-Émilion: full of spicy ripe plum and roasted herbs.

Drinking well now but a further 5 years cellaring will elicit even more satisfaction.

What the critics say:

91/100Eric Guido, Vinous

"Always a pleasure on the nose, the 2019 Terre di San Leonardo wafts up with crushed raspberry, bay leaf, sage and white pepper aromas. This glides across the the palate, silky and refined, with a lively mix of mineral-tinged red fruits and licorice. It finishes classically dry, yet fresh, with lingering wild berries and pretty inner florals. There's a lovely alpine feel to the 2019, a blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 10% Carmenere."

Johnny Ray, The Spectator

"The Grand Vin of this estate has been voted finest wine in Italy for two years running and this – made with the same care and attention but form the younger vines – is an undervalued corker"

View full details


Tenuta San Leonardo

Originally a monastery, for three hundred years the Marchesi Guerrieri Gonzaga family have owned San Leonardo, bringing it from vinous obscurity to the very forefront of Italian winemaking

Learn more
  • Free Shipping

    Get free UK delivery when you spend £75 or more on duty paid wine

    Learn more 
  • Speak to one of our Wine Gurus

    With years of experience, our team can help you with all your wine buying and selling needs

    Learn more