Terms & conditions
This is what they commonly call the fine print!
If you have a question about ordering and delivery, it’s best to check out our delivery information page. If there’s anything you don’t understand, just pick up the phone and speak to one of our advisors or drop us an email and we’ll be happy to help.
Who we are
The Honest Grapes website is owned and operated by Honest Grapes Ltd.
141-157 Acre Lane
London SW2 5UA
Our VAT number is GB 193 9369 54
Our company registration number is: 09121187
Tel: 020 3603 1646 (+44 20 3603 1646 from outside the UK)
Our office hours are generally 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday. Outside those hours we will do our best to respond to your email and webchat queries within a few hours.
- All duty paid prices on our website are listed inclusive of UK duty and VAT.
- In-bond and En Primeur prices on our website are listed exclusive of UK duty and VAT.
- Prices apply only to orders placed online and may differ from those offered through other channels. Any promotions advertised on our website may not be available through other channels.
- We reserve the right to alter prices and promotions at any time without notice.
- Although we try very hard to ensure prices are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. We will not be obliged to fulfil orders for items that are priced incorrectly.
- Although we attempt to ensure stock levels are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. We will not be obliged to fulfil orders for items which are unavailable.
- If the vintage has changed and we consider the replacement vintage to be of good quality, we will may send the alternative vintage without consulting you.
- If we are unsure or need to replace your ordered wine with a different wine, we’ll consult with you and may send your order in two deliveries at our discretion.
- Individual wine bottles (especially from older vintages) vary in appearance. The photographs on our website are for illustrative purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the appearance of the bottle(s) you will receive.
- You must be of legal drinking age in your country of residence (18 in the UK) to order alcohol on our website. If you are buying a gift the recipient must also be over 18.
- When you place an order online you will receive an order confirmation email. This acknowledges that your order has been received but not confirmed. Confirmation is subject to stock, payment, description and price verification and validation. Once this has been carried out, we will send you a despatch confirmation email, and at this point your contract to purchase is complete. If there are any problems, we will contact you. We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time until the contract to purchase is complete.
- When you give us your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine. You are also confirming that you are over 18. We will cancel any order that fails our credit card fraud checks, or on the advice of our payment provider, the issuing bank or the cardholder.
- If an order is shown to be fraudulent, we will inform the police and cancel any further orders by the same customer. For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- We only accept orders for delivery to physical addresses. We do not accept orders for delivery to P.O. boxes.
- Although we make every effort to ensure orders are delivered on time, all delivery dates and times are estimates and not guarantees. Please bear with us, as we do our best to get all orders delivered on time, but we are somewhat at the mercy of the courier networks, especially at peak periods.
- We are conscious of our environmental impact and reuse grower packaging where possible and appropriate to the delivery method. You can help us by ordering unmixed cases of 6 bottles! Otherwise wine will be repacked in transit-safe packaging which is fully recyclable.
- Our packaging is 100% recycled.
- Our couriers may ask for signature and / or proof that the recipient is over 18 on delivery. This helps to protect you and us, so please help them. If you agree to have your wine delivered without signature, or left in an unsecured location (e.g. porch, neighbour, in the dustbin), responsibility for completed delivery passes to you and we will accept the assurance of our courier that delivery has been completed.
- If your order or part of your order is broken in transit, we will issue a refund for the broken items or arrange a replacement. Should your order arrive damaged we ask that you either refuse the entire delivery or note down the damage with the delivery driver when receiving the goods. If you sign for the goods without doing this, we will assume they have been received in good condition.
- If the wrong products are delivered to you in error, we will replace them (provided we can still supply the product(s) from stock) or have them returned to us and issue a refund. You will not be liable for any additional delivery charges.
- If you are not able to receive delivery and you do not rearrange it with our courier within their specified time frame, your order may be returned to us. Should this happen, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent delivery attempts.
- If you arrange to collect your order from our offices, we ask that you bring photographic ID and the card used to pay for your order. Without these, we will not release the goods. If you do not pick your order up within one month of purchase, the order will be cancelled, the stock will be returned to our warehouse and you will be refunded.
We offer UK delivery only:
- Fast & Free Delivery - orders over £75 will benefit from free delivery and arrive in an estimated 1-3 working days.
- Fast Delivery - orders under £75: delivery is charged at £12.50, arriving in an estimated 1-3 working days.
- Orders for Northern Ireland:
- Our Standard Delivery service does not apply.
- Our ‘free delivery on orders of £75 or more’ does not apply.
- Delivery costs £18.53 and your order may take longer to arrive.
- We use a variety of fulfilment services including DPD, as well as specialist wine couriers. You will receive a tracking number via email and/or via text message if you provide a mobile number with your order.
- If you are not home to receive your order, it will be left according to instructions requested at the time of purchase.
- DPD will give you an option to leave your order in a safe place, or to have it delivered to a local Pickup parcelshop if you are not going to be home.
- Our service includes one attempted delivery and a redelivery. If you are unable to receive your wines on the second occasion, you may need to pick them up from a depot or pay for further delivery.
Where is my wine?
- If your order goes missing, or is damaged between dispatch and delivery, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your instructions.
Cancellations: UK Consumer Contract Regulations
Duty Paid, Mixed Cases, Gift Selections on our web site
- Please note that this right to cancel applies duty paid wines, mixed cases and gifts.
- Under the UK’s Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel your entire order and receive a full refund, including for the original delivery charge, for up to fourteen days beginning from the day on which you receive the goods. To exercise this right, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. You must then arrange to have the goods returned to us at the above address. If we can collect the items from within our main delivery area (mainland England, Wales and Scotland, excluding the Highlands) we will arrange a courier free of charge on request. Outside that area, you will be liable for the cost of the return. You are required to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession such that they are returned to us in a saleable condition. Your refund will be issued via your original payment method.
- If you wish to return a purchase to us on the terms stated above, we will exchange it, issue a credit or refund you.
- You must return the items within 35 days of delivery and are required to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession such that they are returned to us in a saleable condition.
- If we can collect the items from within our main delivery area (mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland) we will arrange a courier free of charge on request. Outside that area, you will be liable for the cost of the return.
Corked & Faulty Wines
- If we verify that a non-fine wine (under £60 Duty Paid) you buy from us is corked or otherwise faulty we will issue a credit on return of the bottle in question.
- To qualify for a credit the wine must have been purchased within the last six months and not damaged or improperly stored. If you suspect a problem, reseal the wine in the bottle and contact us within 48 hours.
- We may make arrangements to have the bottle returned to us for testing.
- Fine wine (£60+) is not covered by this policy and is dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- If you suspect a problem, reseal the wine in the bottle and contact us within 48 hours. If we cannot resolve the problem ourselves, we may refer you to the producer or UK agent.
- All credits for corked or otherwise faulty wine are issued at our sole discretion.
- Your booking is not secured until payment is received. Payment must be made in advance by credit card, bank transfer or through your Club Account (Direct Debit).
- If we have to cancel an event for any reason, you will receive a full refund or can exchange for another event. If you can no longer make an event, we will issue a refund if you provide two weeks’ notice. After this we cannot guarantee a full refund.
- Honest Grapes encourages responsible drinking. It is a stipulation of the Licensing Act 2003 that we do not serve alcohol at events to people who appear to be intoxicated or who are under the age of 18 years.
- Depending on stock levels, wines mentioned in any documentation may be substituted with wines of a similar quality level. For events where catering is supplied, please note that we cannot guarantee a nut-free environment for the preparation of dishes.
Customer comments, ratings and recommendations
- If you post a comment on any of the public walls around the site your comments will be in the public domain and will therefore be visible to anyone who visits the site. Please remember this when making comments and please refrain from offensive, rude or intimidating comments. Honesty is indeed our policy, but it’s best delivered politely. We all make mistakes and we’re a hard-working team who do our best to sort things out, so please bear with us if we get something wrong!
- Honest Grapes reserves the right to amend or delete any inappropriate comments.
Non cookie-based tracking: Email tracking
- We use a third-party provider, Hubspot, to deliver our marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies.
Definitions for T&Cs
"Conditions of Use" means the Conditions of Use relating to the certain Honest Grapes pips propositions as amended from time to time;
"Data" means data personal to a Customer/Member;
"Event Beyond Your Control" means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances which you cannot control and the consequences of which you could not have avoided even if you had taken all reasonable care;
"Fraud" includes fraud, dishonesty and deceit and in particular:
- knowingly supplying incorrect information including at the time of purchase to accrue pips points;
- attempting to accrue pips points which have not been earned or for which a member is not eligible;
- altering documents to procure pips points;
- attempting to accrue pips points illicitly;
- attempting to accrue pips points more than once for the same purchase;
- selling, bartering and/or purchasing pips points and associated rewards, by means of internet based sales or auctions; or
- knowingly benefiting from the Fraud or Misconduct of another Member or individual.
"Loss" means losses, costs, damages, injuries, accidents or claims (whether direct or indirect) suffered by Members in connection with the provision of pips Points and Rewards;
"Member" means the person who is a member of the Honest Grapes Wine Club;
"Membership" or “Friendship” means membership of the Honest Grapes Loyalty Programme;
"Processing" and "Processed" includes obtaining, using, recording and holding in electronic or any other form;
"Services" means the benefits, services and facilities from time to time available to Members whether provided by Honest Grapes Limited or its Service Partners;
"Year" means the period of twelve months from the date of issue of a Card and each twelve month period thereafter.
Protection of Data
- The Data which is Processed by Honest Grapes Limited, in connection with Members may include, Membership Data (such as personal details and addresses); data about wines bought by the Member; data supplied by the Member.
- Data collected when the Member is provided with Services; and Data collected when the Member is otherwise in contact with Honest Grapes Limited, or a Service Partner (such as Data about use of www.honestgrapes.co.uk).
- The sources of the Data Processed by Honest Grapes Limited in connection with Members may include Data collected by Partner Companies or combine Data with data held on other Group Company databases in order to differentiate between categories of Members and of members of other loyalty schemes for any of the purposes listed below.
- Members consent to: their Data being supplied to Honest Grape Group Companies, Service Partners, Marketing Partners, and whosoever may be necessary to fulfil the obligations to the member; their Data being transferred to other countries whether or not such countries have data protection laws; and the processing of any sensitive data included in their Data (such as data revealing a medical condition or religious belief).
- The purposes for which Data may be Processed by Honest Grapes Limited or by a recipient of Data include: providing Services to Members; making changes to Services and developing new Services; providing customer service Honest Grape Loyalty Scheme Members; accounting and audit, safety and security, fraud prevention and investigation, and systems testing, development and maintenance; customer relations, service recovery and assisting Honest Grapes Limited and Service Partners in future dealings with Members; credit checking and credit scoring where permitted; immigration and customs control; customer profiling and other marketing and market research analysis; (by or on behalf of Honest Grapes Limited) communicating to Members information about pips Points and the Loyalty Programme, including information about benefits, using any contact details provided; (by or on behalf of Honest Grapes Limited or Marketing Partners) communicating to Members about other products, services or facilities offered by Honest Grapes, Marketing Partners or other carefully selected companies, using any contact details provided; conducting market research; and any other purpose which is obvious or is communicated to the Member.
- By registering your email address in situations such as, but not limited to, making a purchase, signing up to an Honest Grapes account, signing up to our newsletter, you are giving your consent to receive marketing and market research communications. Where consent is given it may be withdrawn by the customer at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link on the email communications they receive, or by writing to Honest Grapes Limited at 141-157 Acre Lane, London SW2 5UA or by emailing email@example.com.
- Before any Data relating to a Member is disclosed to a Member by Honest Grapes Limited, the Member may be asked security questions which may require him/her to confirm his/her identity by providing information held by Honest Grapes Limited about that Member.
- Honest Grapes Limited may disclose Data relating to a Member to a third person who has been nominated in writing by the Member to Honest Grapes Limited in advance. Members are responsible for the security of their online logons and passwords and Honest Grapes Limited shall have no liability in the event that a Member's logon and/or password is disclosed by the Member, whether intentionally or not, so as to allow a third person online access to the Data and to make any transactions. Honest Grapes Limited reserves the right to block online access to Data by or through any third-party website not authorised by Honest Grapes Limited.
Gift cards and Vouchers
- Please note that our gift cards and vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase / issue.
- “Money off Vouchers” exclude certain products for which we cannot make further discounts, including (but not limited to) all spirits.